[Testing] os240py - collaboration over wireless

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat May 29 16:34:55 EDT 2010

This appears similar to my results here with an XO-1 /VM and Soas Mirabelle:
from: sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
> I just connected wirelessly
>
> 1- ) Mirabelle USB
> Started Chat as shared in Mirabelle
> 2- )Blueberry.vmx
> Joined
> 3- ) XO-1 os230py  (Sugar 0.88.0)
> Joined
>

> XO-1 saw all connections colors and text
> Blueberry saw 1/2 of connections with color balance were ???? plus text
> Mirabelle saw only its own broadcasts in color all others were ?????plus
> text
>
> Is Mirabelle configured to require the Gadget Service?
>
> Tom Gilliard
> satellit
>
> Telepathy log:
>
> 1275085638.929632 WARNING s-p-s.presenceservice: Error fetching buddy
> properties for handle 99 keyid/db81d25ebff2f9e8c47c792b86c9584af31c601e:
> org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NetworkError: Server does not provide
> Gadget Buddy service

There was no collaboration available using the "adhoc" network connection,

or the link-local (no jabber listed on CP Network screen)

I could see the avitar of originating user and his application icon on
the second computer and join but was not able to get a working cursor on
either chat or write.

There must be a bug in collaboration when not using the Jabber presence
connection.

Tom Gilliard
satellit