[Testing] USBs are not working with OS802B5.IMG

Chamindra de Silva chamindra at opensource.lk
Tue Mar 30 12:31:16 EDT 2010

Just to keep everyone posted. We managed to resolve the issue on the XO 1.0
thanks to an effective IRC troubleshooting session with Adam and James this
morning.

Both issues were to do with security not being disabled (and the developer
key being overwritten as expected when installing a new build).

The B5 build reacted to security still being enabled by not detecting the
USB devices (otherwise it seemed to work fine), whilst the F11 would not
boot at all.

This is probably expected behavior, and I presume only testers or developers
ever have to do this, whilst the users (ie. kids or the scarce IT support
you would find in rural communities :-) would have signed builds that would
not require such a process. Please confirm if that is a valid use-case for
the OLPCs.

thanks,

--
Chamindra de Silva