[Testing] USBs are not working with OS802B5.IMG

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Mar 26 08:14:29 EDT 2010

> An idea that may be worth trying would be to use yum to update the Linux
> kernel & drivers.

Please remember that this group of testers is just getting their feet
wet -- I'm interpreting their hurdles as representative of what other
user groups might encounter.

If they are using a recent F11 build (say os11) on the XO-1, 'yum
update' by itself will not result in the new kernel being used -- there
needs to be manual intervention to copy the content of /boot (in which
yum stores the new kernel) to /versions/pristine/11/boot (which is where
the the firmware appears to load kernels from).

Such manual intervention might not be what we expect from typical users.

mikus

p.s.  To find all the places where kernels are stored by F11 builds, I
use the command  find / -name vmlinuz   [If "alternate" build versions
are installed on the system, that makes things even more complicated.]