[Testing] regarding the network connection

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 25 19:19:31 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 09:18:29AM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
> no, there is no way to configure a static IP using sugar.  only DHCP
> is supported.

I thought we also supported RFC 3927 link-local IP addressing as well,
but I can't find my USB to Ethernet device, and I only had one.  ;-}

If RFC 3927 "zeroconf" method works, then two laptops can be connected
by an ethernet cable.

Connection to a network without a DHCP server, and without any other
link-local configuring hosts, would not work.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/