[Testing] OLPC Paint activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 25 19:05:31 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 06:29:18PM +0530, Kirja Nanthagopal wrote:
> I go throw the paint activity (XO1.5). Under the tools tab pencil is
> available. Under the pencil size when I right click cut, copy, past,
> delete, select all, input methods and insert Unicode control character
> available. What are the purposes of that features?

This right-click menu is available on all text entry fields in Sugar,
except where it might have been intentionally disabled.  I've not found
any text entry where it is disabled.

It is also in text entry fields in GNOME.  For instance if you switch to
GNOME, then ask to rename a desktop icon, the text entry field that is
shown also has the same menu on right-click.

I don't know if it has any purpose beyond what is obvious, though I
don't actually understand "input methods".

If you think Paint has no need to offer this menu, then you could create
a bug in bugs.sugarlabs.org.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/