[Testing] regarding the installation

Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Mar 25 07:57:22 EDT 2010

Tim McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Ruwan F'do <rtf.fdo at gmail.com
> <mailto:rtf.fdo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Is there any way to install OS to XO1 without using USB and SD card?
>

> Our team has good success with reflashing things via USB drives. You
> could probably mount a network drive. I'm not familiar with this
> procedure.
>
> You may like to refer to the following two pages:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Olpc-update
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Clean-install_procedure

Indeed Tim's correct:
USB memory sticks are recommended as the fastest, most efficient way for
new users.

Other alternatives are here contained in Chapter 2.11 here:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Upgrading_the_XO
    http://laptop.org/8.2.0/manual/XO_HowToFlash.html

Please remember that certain brands of USB memory sticks (USB flash
drives) are not compatible:

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/USB_drive#For_advanced_users