[Testing] Cannot power ON and continuously restarting

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Mon Mar 22 14:14:42 EDT 2010

On Mar 22, 2010, at 5:24 AM, Dhanushka Nuwan wrote:

> Hi..
>
> There are two XO-1.5(C1 #184 and C1 #36) Laptops.
> But we cannot turn it on

What happens when you supply power ?
What happens when you press the power button ?

> and they are continuously restarting.

At what point in the boot cycle are they restarting ?
- before the screen lights up (the battery LED blinks red a couple of times)
- after the screen lights up, but before the sound
- after the boot sound plays
- after Linux boots

> Because of this cannot request the developer key too.

You will not need a developer key for those units, they were
shipped unlocked.

> So could you please give me a solution for this problem?

Right after we find out what problem you are encountering...

Cheers,
wad