[Testing] OLPC XO-1 activities testing

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Mar 22 11:57:38 EDT 2010

Hi Madushani,

On 22 Mar 2010, at 10:53, Shani Bogahawatta wrote:

> I have question regarding memorize activity. I’m still gathering requirements from some wiki links I went through wiki link http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Memorize  to get information on Activities. But still I have a question regarding memorize activity, create function.  Can you describe after create and add new pair(numbers/letters/sounds) how can we take that pair into new game. Can you please help me on this?

We have been trying to design a better user interface workflow for Memorize, as there are too many steps for my liking. Currently, the steps you need to make to create and play your own games are:

1) start "Memorize"
2) click the "Create" tab
3) add all your pairs – 16 pairs will give you a full 4x4 Memorize board
4) type a name into "Game name" text field in the toolbar
5) click the "Save game" toolbar icon – this puts your new named game into your Journal
6) click the "Play" tab
7) click the "Load game" toolbar icon – this will list all your Journal entries
8) you will see your saved game, click it to load
9) you can now play your created game

You can resume your created game directly from the Journal for playing the game later. Loading a game from the "Create" tab allows you to change and edit the game later if you want to add or remove pairs and re-save.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
--Gary