[Testing] OLPC read avtivity clarification

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 22 01:14:35 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 05:13:39PM +0530, Anuruddhika chandrakeerthi wrote:
> I went through the read activity, and I understood only we can read
> the PDF format files. I got the information from the following web
> link  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Read . That activity has a tab called
> Edit . I would like to know using that can we edit the document?

No, the Edit tab is present only to provide the Copy function, so that
text can be copied into the clipboard.

The Read activity intentionally uses the standard Sugar edit toolbar,
and then makes the undo, redo, and paste buttons invisible.  Editing of
the document is not supported by Read.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/