[Testing] Actions: OLPC QA Call with Sri Lanka's Professional Volunteers

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Thu Mar 18 09:18:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:40 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> I've had a good think about this.  In summary, I withdraw the suggestion
> to use the links above, and you should use either
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/1_hour_smoke_test or
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:Test_cases for self-directed
> testing, and http://dev.laptop.org/report/42 for ticket-specific test
> cases.

Yes Yes Yes. All my experience in testing in NZ and BE agrees with you.

The new builds have one main caveat WRT the existing smoketests:
instead of automagic "we're all in mesh mode together", you'll need to
connect to an Access Point, or follow the new "Create a New Network"
procedure.

As for the rest, the differences are really minimal.

 - ask interesting questions