[Testing] F11-for-XO1.5 Release 10.1.1 Release Candidate 2

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jun 13 21:47:26 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 05:32:12PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Installed on my 1.5 after updating the firmware to q3a39.
> Typing "boot" in OFW right after "fs-update" froze the machine.

Unpredictable behaviour is known to occur if you try to "boot" after
fs-update, you should use "bye".

> Powered off (long-press on power button) and booted. Let it sit idle
> for a while in the first-time Sugar screen (name dialog) -> machine
> froze.

It should idle suspend.  It should not freeze.

> However, after letting the machine sit idle for a while (even just
> after booting, still in the Sugar home screen), the whole machine
> froze. Power LED was still on. Had to power-cycle. Does not happen all
> the time, but twice already. Maybe it's my machine (one of the first
> C-test ones)?

Sounds bad.  Do you have a serial port attached?  I ask because I
suspect a kernel panic and a serial port is a practical way to obtain
more problem data.

Might also be worth running memtest from OFW as well, just to exclude
certain other causes.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/