[Testing] Wellington Testing Summary - 17 July 2010

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jul 18 20:33:36 EDT 2010

Thanks for the testing.

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 04:13:28PM +1200, Tim McNamara wrote:
> Home: List View
>     env: XO-1.5, os203, Sugar 0.84
>     comment:
>        All Activities are reported as "2 years, 9 months ago" after reflashing
>        the system.

This is because our build process forges [1] the age of the activities,
not because of any date and time setting problem.  It was originally
done as a partial solution to #4259.

[1]  code that sets the modify time of every file including activities
http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/tree/modules/base/preimage.90.core.sh#n96

> "My Settings" dialogue:
>     env: XO-1.5, os203, Sugar 0.84
>     problem: two ways to turn networking off
>     comment:
>        "Power management" & "Nework" both appear to impact on the wireless
>        networking, but they don't appear to toggle each other.

"Power management" on a B2 prototype will break wireless, but we don't
plan to ship any more B2 so we won't fix that.  ;-)  If it's not a B2,
what impact on wireless networking does "Power management" have for you?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/