[Testing] 3g modem test, current builds, Australia, Optus, success

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jul 15 02:34:38 EDT 2010

G'day,

While investigating a possible problem, I had a need to test the 3G
modem support in XO-1.5 os206 and XO-1 os301, and it worked fine.

I had to open My Settings, Modem Configuration, fill in the APN, and
then a bogus username and password (my service provider does not use
that feature but the connection does not start without it), restart
Sugar when prompted, then plug in the modem, and click on it in the
frame.

It also helped to be disconnected from wireless access point before
trying to connect the 3G modem service.  Otherwise the laptop continued
to use the wireless access point; there was no replacement of the
default route.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/