[Testing] Wellington Testing Summary - Saturday 20 February

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Feb 25 17:40:49 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 09:34:02PM +1300, Alastair Munro wrote:
> Who: Alastair, Brenda, Callum, Casey, Grant, Bex

Thanks for your testing!

> Write-47: No longer launches on XO-1 on either os802b1 or os802
> builds. When logs were checked it "Import Error: No module named
> widgets" seemed to be the cause of the failed start.

Write-47 is very very old.  The latest version of Write from Sugar Labs
is Write-67.  Per http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4201

Write-60 is included in os802b1.  Software Update on os802b1 offers no
update for Write.

On the assumption that this was a typo and you tried to test Write-67,
the result is expected because Write-67 is only described as working
with Sugar 0.86.  os802 and os802b1 are based on Sugar 0.82.

I've raised Sugar Labs ticket #1758 for this.
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1758

> Minimal testing of XO-1.5 builds 110 and 201, had problems with 110
> locking up and becoming totally unresponsive and due to the wifi
> suspend/resume issue we couldn't use ssh to check the logs after the
> lockup to see if it was only the XServer or the entire OS.

You haven't been told the workaround to this yet?  I'm surprised.  It's
in the release notes for the B2 under Software Limitations.

"If you have a B2 without hardware mods, you must disable suspend using
Control Panel->Power->Automatic power management, else your wireless
device will disconnect on suspend and not come back until the next
reboot."

Please do this on your B2 units when you are testing anything other than
suspend and resume.  You will need to do it again after reinstalling the
operating system.

This workaround is not required on C1 or C2 units.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/