[Testing] Triangle tool not clearly visible and tool options not available

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Aug 31 18:46:45 EDT 2010

> FWIW I've tested on XO-1s running 0.84.16 and 0.88.1 and Paint-28 runs great,
> however running on the original XO-1 0.82.1 (OLPC build 767) it fails to start
> with some obscure Rainbow related exception that leads to a "MalformedBundleException:
> No activity.info file" which is a spurious error message as looking in the bundle
> the activity.info file is installed and looks just fine.

Often an "MalformedBundleException" message results from Linux file (or
directory) permissions not allowing access to an activity's
activity.info file.  That is the case here - the Linux permissions on
Paint.activity/activity/activity.info are '-rw-------', which permits
access only by userid 500.  [Under Rainbow, when that Activity runs it
is under userid 1000-something.]  I changed the permissions on that file
to '-rw-r--r--', and Paint-28 ran as it should on a build-802 system.

mikus