[Testing] In stopwatch, Mark button is not available

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Aug 31 00:08:56 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 03:56:03PM +0530, nilupuli amarasinghe wrote:
> I've started using the OLPC XO 1.0(Build 851, Firmware Q2e44 ) In
> stopwatch activity mark button is not available. So we are unable to
> mark time value during the work.

Which version of StopWatch have you installed?

On OLPC XO-1.5 release 10.1.2 build os852, the preinstalled version is
StopWatch-4, and the Mark button functions correctly when I test it.

On OLPC XO-1 release 10.1.2 build os852, there is no preinstalled
version of StopWatch, and the version offered through Browse by
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/ is StopWatch-4, and when downloaded the
Mark button functions correctly.

I'm unable to reproduce the symptom.

Could you please describe what "mark button is not available" means?
Is the button visible?  If it is visible, does it change from grey to
white when the touchpad button is pressed down?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/