[Testing] Automatic power management

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Aug 31 00:01:08 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:32:33PM +0530, Asiri Gunarathna wrote:
> As Paul suggested, even when the Automatic Power Management is enabled, Video
> and Audio playback should not be disturbed.
>
> Can we assume that this is the correct behavior for this test?
>
> I would appreciate your thought also on this.

My opinion is not stable.

An activity that is designed for low power audio playback would be
better suited to the task than Firefox with visualisation by Totem, but
the system does not indicate discharge rate to the child, so the purpose
of such an activity would not be discoverable.

You seem to want either one thing or another; either playback should be
interrupted or it should be undisturbed.  I don't think we can be
prescriptive because we do not control all activities or applications
that the child may use.  My current opinion is that there should be no
specific policy on whether audio playback should constrain power
management.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/