[Testing] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 28 August 2010

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 29 08:10:11 EDT 2010

Hi Tabitha,

On 28 Aug 2010, at 08:05, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:

> We set up two XO-1.5s with os373pyg for a demo next week and discovered that the stop button in physics has fallen off the menu and into a little drop down, see http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2251 We also tried to send a physics creation from one os373pyg to another using the send to friend feature, but it didn't work, the invitation to receive appeared and we accepted, but the creation never arrived. Copied it to a USB and it loaded into the journal fine but we couldn't open it with physics or anything :( Will investigate this more later and write proper bug reports with logs and suchlike (probably next week).

Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm, first thing that jumps to mind is that the mime types that Physics specifies are not being added correctly into Sugar. The other possibility is that you have two separate cases, one for a USB workflow glitch; and one for a possibly broken 'send to friend' feature — I saw a ticket go by that a patch from a while back had broken transfers, and was only just recently spotted and fixed. The os373pyg build could have been real unfortunate and picked up that glitch.

I'll try and test here with two XOs before I have to leave and go on the road for a month or so.

Thanks again,
--Gary