[Testing] Problem with "Scratch Activity Icon" OLPC XO 1.5 build OS851

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Aug 27 02:42:12 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 12:02:02PM +0530, Menupa Samarawikrama wrote:
> I am using the OLPC  XO 1.5 build OS851 laptop for testing Scratch Activity.
> After first run,  the color of Scratch Activity Icon does not change.
> If someone can explain  this problem, it ll be much appreciated.

The colour of icons in the activity ring changes according to whether a
journal entry exists for the activity.  Since Scratch did not create a
journal entry, the colour does not change.

See http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.84/Notes#Resume_Activity

"When clicking on the activity icon in the Favorites View, the last
entry will be resumed by default. This is based on the assumption, that
in most cases, one want to resume previous work rather than creating
from scratch. "

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/