[Testing] OLPC 10.1.2 Release Candidate 3

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 26 04:20:45 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:34:17PM -0700, S Page wrote:
> ... updating XO-1s from 8.2.0 , please reply or comment if
> you're having this problem or not.  It seems important enough for the
> release notes.

What is the population of laptops that might be updated from 8.2.1 to
10.1.2 instead of freshly installed?  If the population is sufficiently
high, then I'd prefer to remove the update as an option, and instead
concentrate on instructions for backup, install, and restore.

The backup option would describe how to drag items from the journal to a
USB stick, one by one.  That's all we currently offer for non-technical
users.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/