[Testing] getting sounds out of .swfs and MP3s in os851

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 03:40:31 EDT 2010

10.1.2. candidate has no sound in .swfs , the relevant bug
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8504 remains open.  I assume there still
isn't an acceptable open source patent-free mp3 codec.

Back in 8.2.0 I grabbed http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Fluendo_mp3_decoder
(which as I recall also gave me .mp3 playback in totem, presumably
this would also give me Jukebox support in 10.1.2).  But related bug
8982 suggests installing gstreamer-plugins-ugly instead.  If you have
a suggestion or can remind me how to get a Fedora 11 RPM without
overflowing disk and memory with yum, I promise to update
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Gnash#no_sound_in_Gnash and/or
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Rpm with the appropriate instructions.

Thanks!
--