[Testing] Problems in XO build OS 850 (10.1.2)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Aug 22 21:03:11 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:01:16PM +0530, ganesh gajre wrote:
> 1. In Record activity which is packaged with OS 10.1.2 has problem
> with capture button binding. In XO hardware there is a button in right
> side corner, one of which "Capture button", used to take pictures
> without mouse click, but it fails in 10.1.2, when I click on that
> button it default exit the Activity. Is that button is bind to close
> each activity by default? or A button to capture picture is changed in
> os 10.1.2?

I'm testing os850 release candidate for 10.1.2, using Record-86, but no
fault found:

- the GUI button below camera image (white cicle, with concentric black
  ring and white ring outside it), takes pictures with mouse blick,

- the front panel game key button O takes pictures without mouse click,

- there was no "Capture button".

Could you please check the version of the Record activity?  You can find
this by pressing F3 (activity view), then Ctrl/2, then type record.

> 2. XO are enabled for Indian languages like Hindi, Marathi and many more.
> [...]  In the latest OS build this feature is missing?

Yes.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/10.1.2#Some_Language_Support_Removed
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9982
http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/9982/0001-Avoid-shipping-all-locales.patch

mr_IN was removed.

> I am unable to switch my Key board layout, where as this is working
> properly in OS 767 and OS 802.  Is there any other way to do that?

I don't know, sorry.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/