[Testing] small gitch with the Best OS ever

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 9 15:57:53 EDT 2010

Hi Charles,

On 9 Aug 2010, at 14:21, "Charles W Fertig" <fertigc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Installed same.  Hangs on reboot about ¼ of the time when using “shutdown”
>
> Never hangs (as yet) when I hold down the power key and reboot.
>
> Data set = 20

Could you confirm the OLPC software build you are experiencing this with (767, 802, perhaps the 850 beta — see the Control Panel, or My Settings for the About My Computer icon with this information), and the machine hardware you see the glitch on (XO-1, XO1.5 or perhaps one of the early test units of these machines). I do remember experiencing hanging occasionally at shutdown quite a long time back in an early build, but following releases soon resolved that issue.

Regards,
--Gary