[Testing] small gitch with the Best OS ever

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Mon Aug 9 15:39:02 EDT 2010

It's pretty hard for me to work out what is going on. I've never heard
of the "Best OS ever". A Google search for that phrase yields a variety
of commentaries, opinions, and spoof articles about various well-known
operating systems.

If there really is an OS of that name, I have to seriously question the
judgment of whoever picked that name.

In general, one will have better results on an XO with a
tuned/customized kernel than with a stock kernel from a distro that runs
on generic PCs. If the "Best OS ever" has such a generic kernel, it's
not surprising that some things don't work flawlessly.