[Testing] gcc installation issue in Fedora-13-Live-Soas.iso image on Virtual Box

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:10:49 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:51 PM, kushan athukorala <
kushan.athukorala at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Fedora-13-Live-Soas.iso image on a Oracle Virtual Box for
> automated test designs for OLPC activities.
>
> When I try to 'yum install gcc', the system hangs while updating
> glibc-common library.
>
> Does anyone has faced this issue before and appreciate a solution if any?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Kushan Athukorala

Boosting available memory and storage space may make a difference.
See
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/VirtualBox/Preparing_a_disk_image#Installing_VirtualBox_Guest_Additions
for
some experiences.

Enlarging the overlay size with --overlay-size-mb 1024 and the VM memory
allocation may help provide "headroom" for the installation.

     --Fred