[Testing] [support-gang] Fwd: New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 118

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Apr 9 02:28:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 10:42:53PM -0700, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> Another hard quit.  Tried again... this time got to the "ok" prompt.
> Tried to type in the installation instruction... the space bar had
> changed into a ">" key!

When I press "fn" "shift" and "space" here, I get ">" in the ok prompt.
This means the "fn" and "shift" keys on your keyboard are jammed down.

Or, possibly you mean a "<" key.  If so, this means the "fn" key is
jammed down.  When I press "fn" "space" here, I get "<" in the ok
prompt.

Temporary workaround, if you have one, is to connect a USB keyboard.

The jammed down key might be faulty.  Wiggle the keys a little, see if
the symptom goes away.

Best place to check this is in the "ok" prompt, since you don't need to
wait for booting.

If you are able to type a space using an external keyboard, the "ok"
prompt can be given "test /keyboard" and it will show you a keyboard
testing screen, and jammed down keys should simply be unresponsive.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/