[Testing] clarification regarding Resume from idle mode in xo1.0 buid with os13

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Apr 9 01:07:20 EDT 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 11:29 AM, johan sahabandu wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am just testing the hardware in OLPC, when I did the following
> actions while OLPC is in idle mode in xo1.0 laptop (Build with OS13),
> I noticed that the resume is not performed by the following actions
> (1)keyboard keys (2)mouse button  click  (3)Game buttons click
> (4)touch pad touching

I apologize if someone already answered and I missed their reply.

The XO laptop (both XO-1 and XO-1.5) has two different "suspend"
modes:

- Suspend: this should happen without the user necessarily being
aware.   The screen stays on, the network is still operational, and
it resumes on any key or button press.

- Sleep: In this case, it is obvious that the laptop is suspended.
The screen is turned off, the network is turned off, and the system
doesn't wake on any event except a power button press or opening
up the unit.   This mode is entered a.) when the user explicitly puts
the unit to sleep, b.) when the laptop is running and the lid is closed,
or c.) when the unit hasn't been touched for some amount of time.

I'm sure that I'm forgetting some of the fine points, and minor
differences between XO-1 a nd XO-1.5.  Hopefully someone
else will correct me!

Regards,
wad