[Testing] SocialCalc 0.8.3g version release

Manusheel Gupta manu at laptop.org
Mon Jun 22 10:00:56 EDT 2009

We are delighted to announce the release of SocialCalc 0.8.3g activity
version for the Sugar environment.

The full release package is available at
http://seeta.in/wiki/index.php?title=SocialCalc_on_Sugar#Downloads(SocialCalc.xo).
Please try the activity, and share your feedback with us
here <http://seeta.in/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:SocialCalc_on_Sugar>.

Wish to express my thanks to team members - Dan Bricklin, whose invaluable
support and guidance has been integral to develop SocialCalc for the Sugar
environment; Luke Closs and K.S. Preeti, developers' of the JS-Python
communication through XOCOM package; Nicholas Doiron, the author of the
graphing features in SocialCalc; Claudia Urrea and Vijit Singh for testing
the SocialCalc activity over and over again, and for their valuable
feedback.

K.S. Preeti has compiled an interesting manual for the programmers to help
them write code for SocialCalc. Please have a look -
http://seeta.in/wiki/index.php?title=Guide. Nicholas Doiron has developed a
wonderful guide <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Ndoiron/SocialCalc> for the
educators and developers to use and program charting tools.

Finally, I wish to thank Walter Bender and Samuel J. Klein for their
invaluable encouragement, which has been integral in the success of all our
projects.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Manu