[Testing] [support-gang] reviving XO-1 OS builds, as the XO-1.5 release approaches...

Adric Net adric at adric.net
Thu Jul 16 16:37:51 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have an XO-1, some usb sticks, and other odds and ends, along with
fast Internet access.
I expect there are others in similar situations who would like to help
test on XO-1 ... if only
to make sure that their hardware will continue to run the new code.
How can we help?
Is there an image available? Will it come in via the old olpc-update
rsync script?
Or is it more like you need a build manager to put one together before
that will be possible?

Further, I also have some server space and bandwidth available for
mirrors and seeds.
( I think y'all are full up on web tools and wikis, or I'd offer those
too. *g* )

So, where should I, and the testing community I have crossposted to
*wave*, start ?
And when will it be helpful to pull in some parents of XO-1 kids to
try this out on?

hth,
Adric Net
adric at adric.net