[Testing] Fedora folks getting a crash course on Semantic Mediawiki forms tomorrow

S Page info at skierpage.com
Tue Feb 17 18:30:00 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Greetings Seth,
> >
> > We've got a few folks on the Fedora side interested in your mediawiki
> > test case integration.  Any chance we could setup a quick irc chat next
> > week?

Did the chat happen?  I would love to help, I bleed wiki semantics ;-)

Judging from https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Version , you'll
need to install the Semantic MediaWiki extension and the Semantic Forms
extension.

The OLPC test case system is a nice way to edit, manage, and present a
substantial set of test cases in a wiki.  Without it you'd be reduced to
browsing a category hierarchy to find test cases.

What makes it more powerful is when other parts of your wiki also use
semantics, so that a page can display a query like "Show the test cases
for all Fedora features in [[Category:FeatureAcceptedF11]] that are at
status alpha or better".

OLPC testers wrestled with various ways to manage test case *results*,
which are less suitable for a wiki (thousands of them, complex grouping
and master-detail relationships, a desire for statistics and graphing,
etc.).  We tried wiki subforms, Google docs spreadsheet, Google forms...
  The best page on the subject is
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_testing_meetings/2008-11-06/Displaying_testing_metrics_in_motivating_ways>

At one point OLPC testers were looking at https://litmus.mozilla.org/ to
manage both test cases and test results -- 2008-12-04 "Adric setting up
a Litmus demo" -- did that ever happen?

Hope this helps,
--
=S Page
  OLPC volunteer, Semantic MediaWiki expert, not much of a tester