[Testing] New F11 for the XO-1 build 5-timezones

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 14 17:30:56 EDT 2009

Here is another strange thing, timezone info is not preserved through reboots (this is
w/o _any_ network connection) and then hwclock and date although reported in the same timezone they have
different time eg:
[root at localhost olpc]# hwclock
Fri 14 Aug 2009 05:14:30 PM CEST  -0.042609 seconds
[root at localhost olpc]# date
Fri Aug 14 23:14:53 CEST 2009

although the control panel timezone is in CEST+2 and the /etc/adjtime is polulated with:
[root at localhost olpc]# more /etc/adjtime
0.000000 1250285471 0.000000
1250285471
LOCAL

Doing an ntpdate update puts th clock in the right timezone without affecting the
hwclock.

One strange thing I notice looking for localtime files with mc and hitting Edit by mistake (the first time :) is that both /etc/localtime or /etc/avahi/etc/localtime said "converting from Mac format" when opened for editing. Is this normal?

I do not know to what extend the timezone problem may be related to the rtcwake problems but is strange
on its own.