[Testing] Community test meeting minutes, 10/30/2008

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Fri Oct 31 02:07:51 EDT 2008

Thanks to everyone who came out to the first community test meeting
tonight! I'd like to point out that we lasted *exactly* 22 seconds under
our set 1-hour meeting time while still getting through a very
nontrivial agenda and wrapping it up completely. Pretty amazing. Mad
props to everyone!

We had a great discussion on Activity testing tonight and ended up
breaking it down into 3 subproblems that we'll need to tackle to move
forward. I'm looking forward to seeing what people have come up with at
next week's meeting...

1. How do we prioritize Activities to test? (gregdek)
2. How can we display testing metrics in places and ways that will
motivate community developers and testers? (cjl)
3. Let's look at the current procedure being used to get Activities
through Testing - how can we improve it? (lfaraone, mchua)

Log is at http://meeting.laptop.org/olpc-meeting.log.20081030_1700.html
- all logs and notes for the meeting are linked from
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing_meetings/20081030.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to take on something between now and
next week (gregdek, cjl, lfaraone, cjb, frandog) - check out action
items here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing_meetings/20081030#Action_items

Speaking of the next meeting - we'll go at the same time, same place
next week, #olpc-meeting on Nov. 6, 2200 UTC (5pm EST). Pre-agenda is at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing_meetings/2008-11-06 About half of the
meeting time will be spent in a brainstorm on Sugar Activities that
could be made to help community testing - it'll be fun.

As usual, if anything is vague/unclear/needs more detail to make sense,
*please ask*. If you have a topic that you'd like to bring up during the
meeting, would like to present something, or otherwise have suggestions,
please holler to the list.

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing everyone for community test
meeting #2!

-Mel

PS: If you have suggestions for a better meeting time, I'd love to hear
them; I know the weekday early-evening thing might not be great for
everyone, and I'd like to find a time/venue that will let the most
people participate.