[Testing] Automation Scripts

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Mon Oct 13 12:17:46 EDT 2008

More generalized: a framework that would let you write scripts like the
one Joe described below.

types of actions it would be great to script
--------------
* connect to the internet
* verify connection
* olpc-update
* check current build
* run something in Terminal Activity or in the VT - this would allow you
to do all sorts of stuff, like netstat and pwr-log, and hook in other
test tools - including gui test tools that can be called from terminal.
* in order to do the above, it'd help to be able to wget/yum-install
packages/scripts on the remote XO, and scp logs back up to somewhere
afterwards (this should be doable if you can remotely ssh in as root).

when run, this framework would
* remotely login to every listed laptop
* run your script
* report results