[Testing] Testing w/ kids - starting this Sat.

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Mon Oct 13 11:39:59 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Mel Chua <mel at laptop.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the writeup, Frances! Ccing the testing list in case anyone's
> curious about how things went. (Also, the kid-testing was Joe's idea; I
> just got it to happen at the Museum this Saturday.)
>>
>> There were a number of volunteers at the scene
> Note - the Boston-area OLPC group (MassXO) runs this station at the
> Museum every Saturday from 1-4, so we were really piggybacking off their
> event. ;)

I'm sure it wasn't an imposition :)  when Francesca S. started running
open jams this summer (which turned into the museum sessions), they
involved informal kid testing of the simple repair guides...

> Have a sign-up sheet on the "XO fun" table where people can sign up for,
> say, 15min test slots in "the lab," where they'll be guided through the
> process; they'll be dedicated to being in "test mode" since that's what
> they signed up for, and a single researcher that's trained on how to

This is a great idea.  You could run this without a researcher, too.
Even without paper... a "system / interface test" activity would be
fun, and could submit results however the bug-filing activity does.

SJ