[Testing] Testing stats update

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Thu Oct 9 16:23:27 EDT 2008

Fyi - here's where we stand, according to Trac, on the upcoming builds

for testing. This is the calm before the storm, so let's start thinking
now about how we'd like to ramp up to handle incoming volumes of things
to test and break and test and break and test...

By the way - if you're lurking on this list and would like to help test,
please take an open ticket marked as 'test in build' or 'test in
release,' make a testcase for it if there isn't yet one, report results,
and set it to 'qa signoff' if it passes. Feel free to email me (or
better yet, the list) back with questions - we'll be refining these
procedures as the months go by, and could use all the feedback and help
we can get.

Cheers!

-Mel

8.2.0
--------
9 blockers (http://dev.laptop.org/report/28)
6 of them are closed, testable software bugs

8.2.1
--------
195 open tickets: of these, we have
0 testcase needed (not true... how can we deal with testcase writing?)
4 test in build
5 test in release
2 qa signoff
(total: 11 tickets we can tackle)