[Testing] QA team meeting notes - the summary

Joseph A. Feinstein joe at laptop.org
Mon Nov 17 17:48:22 EST 2008

We held a QA team meeting on 11/17/08. Here is the summary.

Automated testing / Test harness

    * VNC work progressing.
    * dsh, scp commands; good to know about; will investigate.

Mesh testing

    * It's been assumed that if we disable mesh completely, we'll get
better results. Unfortunately (based on test results so far), not so...
    * We should get a recommendation from Wad and Michail regarding
buying additional access points for testing.

New testbed machines

    * We have 50 additional machines; Mel is reflashing them tonight
(to 767 with g1g1-activities, clean-install), except some with old builds.
    * G1G1 donors have individual machines; we don't test individual
machines in multi-laptop testbeds, we test systems.
    * Alternative: Reuben has talked with Mitch, he has a multicast
NAND updater, that require q2e22a firmware needed first; we will
experiment with this.
        * Also need to type a command into the XOs before the blast,
to make them receptive to the blast; probably doesn't make sense
(automation-wise).
        * Mel to get new machines reflashed tonight.