[Testing] mozilla's litmus ?

Adric Net adric at adric.net
Sun May 11 01:25:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Has anyone here worked with Mozilla's Litmus tool yet? The main wiki
page[1] defines it as:

"Litmus is the new integrated testcase management and QA tool that is
designed to improve workflow,
visibility, and turnaround time in the Mozilla QA process. It is first
and foremost designed as a
replacement for Testrunner, but will also have additional
functionality. "

I've run through some tests from Miro (where I first caught sight of
Litmus) and FF3 and found it fairly
pleasant. Since it's zilla based XO can use some of the Javascript
calls to identify builds as Firefox
does and that would make collection easier. It's not inconceivable
that some of the testing could even
be partially optimized in the same manner..

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with Litmus or
similar QA automation tools.
To my eyes this looks like something that could be really useful for
the manual QA XO needs ... and
after the inital revving up it might free up some resources to work on
the automated testing frameworks
.. which I'd also like to hear more about. :)

Thanks,
adric

[1] http://wiki.mozilla.org/Litmus