[Testing] Community test meeting minutes, 2008-12-18

Mel Chua mel at laptop.org
Fri Dec 19 02:54:01 EST 2008

First of all: next Thursday is December 25th, and the Thursday following
is January 1st. I'll be celebrating Christmas and New Year's with my
family, and will be bludgeoned by my mother if I attempt to host a
meeting during that time.

Therefore, if anyone would like to host the meeting during those dates -
or indeed, anytime during those two weeks - *please* speak up! I won't
be able to, but there will still be testing to be done. (In general, you
*can* run community test meetings without me. In fact, please do. It
would make me super-happy.) I'm happy to help anyone set up to run a
test community meeting if they'd like (or you can ignore my advice and
do it better. ;)

I will next host a test community meeting on Jan 8th, 2009:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_testing_meetings/2009-01-08

Anyway, back to our usual meeting notes...

Logs: http://meeting.laptop.org/olpc-meeting.log.20081218_1800.html
Notes: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_testing_meetings/2008-12-18

Highlights:

* Brian Pepple is running http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing
for 8.2.1 - yay Brian! More details forthcoming once a few arrangements
have been worked out with the 8.2.1 release manager (Ed McNierney).
* Many Activity testing sprints are happening this weekend in Oceania.
Go go gadget Welly testers, Pia, Donna, and Joel!
* More time was requested from the time fairy.
* Excellent discussion on how to make the test reporting workflow better
  meet the needs of developers was held immediately afterwards; notes on
this coming out in a moment.

--Mel