[Testing] Testing summary - 13 December 2008

Tabitha Roder tabitha.mail at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 02:13:47 EST 2008

Hello Wellington testers (and their friends)

Thanks to the following people for coming - Brenda, Callum, Alastair, Jill,
Fraser, Andrew, Edward, Tabitha, Uli, Stella, Grant

Here is a summary of today: eToys.
We think etoys-80 is the shipped version - we have 2 XOs running this. We
have all our other XOs running etoys-94.
This is a complex activity and will require more testing.
When you rotate 90 and 270 some frame buttons go off the screen and there is
no scroll option. The gamer keys did not seem to be active.
It took us a long time to find the player - could there be a start/stop in
the top frame?
When you close the script box, it is hard to get it back. Circle seems to
mean close - could it be a stop sign like the activity stop or could it be
an X or something that helps us realise the box is going to close? Also, the
V for Variable was confusing to us as we thought it would be a minimise.
Black and white screen - works fine, but the user has to remember that you
cant do colour tests.
We tried sharing and got four XOs collaborating (see each other in frame and
tested buddy chat on 2).
Buddies chat window - took a bit for us to work out how to see it all, then
realised we can resize. A scroll bar appeared in the middle of the text box
(as in directly through the middle not to the side). Tried audio chat
successfully, actually that was quite cool.
Tried tutorials - they worked.
Saving and resuming from Journal works really well.
We would need to do another session on this activity to feel that we have
tested it with any depth.

A note on Joke Machine - Fraser (8yo) has been testing Joke Machine for us.
He found that when you name a joke book, if you press enter it goes to
another line, not saving the name of the joke book so you have what appears
to be file name having multiple lines... struggled with that a bit. When he
clicked to add sound it showed all files in the journal, not just sound
files. There was a request for a sample joke to be included with the
activity. Thanks Fraser for all your excellent testing, and for your great
jokes.

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards
Tabitha Roder