[Testing] 8.2.1 test plan finalized (next: test cases need finalization)

Kimberley Quirk kim at laptop.org
Tue Dec 9 22:43:17 EST 2008

Mel,
We need to include all the smoke tests, which should be run on any
build to ensure that the basic functionality of the build has been
retained.

Also, we should review other test cases that might help reveal a
regression... for instance, if we mess with wireless drivers, we need
to do some more thorough wireless testing -- connecting to various
access points, perhaps doing a 50 laptop test to a school server, ...
in reviewing the bugs that are being fixed, we need to think about
other areas that might be affected.

Let's plan on a review of the test cases with people who understand
the bug fixes so we can brainstorm a bit on the test coverage.

Do you want to call that meeting? Probably Friday or later so we have
the complete list of bug fixes that are going into the release.

Kim