[Testing] [sugar] Please help test our new 8.2.0 weekly beta, joyride-2301!

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Aug 18 19:58:25 EDT 2008

On 15 Aug 2008, at 09:49, S Page wrote:

> The Firefox icon in Software update and Home view is mysterious ;-)

 From my testing on XO B4 hardware can I courteously suggest you at
least be wary of running it. It will randomly eat your available CPU
cycles and available memory. If you watch cpu load with it even open
on the default mainly blank page you will see it surging resources
from the system every now and again, for no obvious reason, and if you
actually use it to start surfing, say perhaps the activities page,
with perhaps some other activity running, you're fairly sure to bring
the whole system to a grinding halt; stuttering cursor; and a forced
reboot.

--Gary