[Testing] Journal and Tubes Minutes, 9/11/07

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Tue Sep 11 14:40:48 EDT 2007

Attending: Kim, Dafyyd, Marco

Tubes:

   - Simon's new mesh protocol gives notification when people leave,
   should improve the student view of what activities are still being shared.
   Also it will use less memory when activities are using tubes via salut.
   - Kim would like to get a 'formal' review including security
   implications (if any); then plan out the testing and rollout.
   - Dafyyd will check that bug 3294 should be addressed in this protocol
   upgrade, and if so, move it FRS.
   - Everything that works with salut will continue to work the same way;
   no activity api changes. So older builds will not work with newer builds,
   but the activity developers will not need to make changes.
   - Marco is finishing the invites to make them private today.
   - Marco is also planning on packaging up some patches that have come
   in for the presence service to supply that to J5 for his next build.
   Hopefully we'll see these items in a build late tomorrow (Wed).
   - Bugs 2299 and 3327 are resolved and just need to get into a build.
   (Copying J5 so he look into this).
   - Bug 2412, Dafyyd and team are still working on. If they can't find a
   solution this week, then they will propose a work around or documentation so
   we can move it into next release.

Tubes going forward:

   - Going forward need to have a review and security discussion with
   Ivan
   - Infrastructure for video chat
   - Media player and codecs

Journal:

   - Ben is still on vacation so we won't get any of his bugs fixed this
   week. We will have to come up with a plan for work arounds if we don't have
   any other way to get to them.
   - Tomeu has 3 blocker bugs and a number of others. I will ask him for
   feedback on these bugs today.
   - Don't know about the status of full text indexing, which we hope
   will speed up the journal.

- Kim
http://laptop.org/teamwiki/index.php/Team:Main_Page#Meeting_Minutes