[Testing] Journal and Tubes Minutes from 9/4/07

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Wed Sep 5 08:47:33 EDT 2007

Attending: DanW, Jim, Kim, Wad, Michail, Tomeu, Dafyyd

Journal:

   - Tomeu is working on 2961, journal scrolling issue and 2995, need to
   'kick' the journal for items to show up. We need to make sure the journal
   gets sync messages when new activities are to be listed or deleted.
   - Bug 2555 has pieces that are longer term, and something that needs
   to be done for Trial-3. Dan will write up a new trac issue to describe what
   can be done in this release.
   - Build 564 has a problem with the clipboard, bug 3133. If this bug is
   still seen in the latest release we need to capture the shell log, shell
   service log and browse log.
   - We talked about disabling full content indexing to see if we can get
   the journal performance up; bug 3058.
   - USB mount and unmount take a really long time.
   - The keep feature should be available in the next build, 567.

Tubes:

   - The invites infrastructure is all available, needs to get into a
   build and figure out the state of UI - may need to get that info from Marco.

   - Need to disable local link if there is a school server with jabber
   available. Dan has already disabled the automatic MPP creation.
   - Multicast is not forwarded across interfaces; so if one XO is a MPP
   it can't collaborate with another XO connected to the mesh side. Dan will
   write up a trac item to capture this problem -- perhaps we need a 'Multicast
   join'.
   - Need to document this scenario for Trial-3: If you use an XO as a
   Mesh Portal Point, then you shouldn't expect to be able to use it as a
   standard laptop (collaborating with others, etc).
   - A future feature is to figure out how to do collaboration across two
   interfaces.

- Kim