[Testing] Some progress on infrastructure.

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Nov 27 23:06:28 EST 2007

Titus, Grig,

First, re #5140, the wiki link you located is in fact the smoke test I
was describing.

Second, at long last, Scott Ananian (cscott) and I expect to have some
large blocks of time available (starting next week) to devote to
improving our test/code-coverage stuff.

I'm particularly interested in instrumenting our software to collect
coverage and profiling information and in building up our infrastructure
so that people who can donate the time required to automate one test
will have a place to put their work where it will be run regularly.
Scott likely has different priorities.

Third, Mitchell Charity (mncharity) put together a nice looking
wrapper at

  http://dev.laptop.org/~mncharity/xo-qemu-wrapper/

that I think could turn into a very pretty test-setup tool with just a
bit of love.

Finally, I've got four XOs hooked up to a single machine via serial
consoles just waiting for you to think of interesting and crazy things
to do with them. Send me some SSH keys [or wait for me to snag them off
of dev.laptop.org] and I'll give you accounts on the machine they're
hooked up to.

Best,

Michael