[Testing] Community-based testing of OLPC activities

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Wed Nov 7 18:43:05 EST 2007

I think it can be done with some creative additions to:

* 'type' of issue (e.g. 'test case')
* 'milestone' (e.g 'version A.b.c.d')
* resolution value (e.g. 'works in version A.b.c.d' or 'fails in
version A.b.c.d)

So let's say you want to define a new test case. You create a new
issue,  set its type to 'test case', give it a milestone of 'version
A.b.c.d', then assign it to a tester.

The contents of the issue would be the actual test case steps.

The tester would go through the test case, and mark it as 'works in
version A.b.c.d' or 'fails in version A.b.c.d', together with comments
as to why it fails for example.

A little contrived, but it can be made to work :-)

Grig