[Testing] test pages in the wiki

Kim Quirk kim.quirk at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:39:54 EDT 2007

Hi Tim and others,
For bugs, use Trac. I don't recommend putting in bugs for any release after
build 406 right now because they are too much in flux (too many bugs). There
is usually an announcement on devel at laptop.org when there is a stable
release, and you can see the last good release from the front page of the
wiki. As we get closer to a release we'll probably want to take all the
builds.

What we probably need to focus on right now is test planning. If you use
build 406 to see how things work today, we can all write some test cases
that can be executed each time we get a 'stable' build -- and maybe figure
out the best way to automate some of it.

If you want to work on basic Functional tests or Secondary Functional tests
for each Activity, please go right into the Activity from the 'Activities'
page on the wiki and add a 'Functional Test' section (I started this for the
first few activities).

Please feel free to suggest better format, etc.
I would really like to use something for tracking test cases -- Trac?

Thanks,
Kim