[Testing] Test Group meeting minutes, 7/16/07

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Tue Jul 17 11:56:35 EDT 2007

Minutes, 7/16/07

Attending: Cameron, Zack, Ed Russeau, John, Jim, Kim, Mary Lou

   - Requirements

There is now a requirements wiki page. We spent much of this meeting
discussing the requirements for power management. The updated requirements
can be found here: Requirements <http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Requirements>

   - We also created a chart of power management capabilities. This is
   linked on the requirements page.

   - We discussed some future features: Turn off wireless when it is not
   needed; Be able to turn on logging to expose DCON and Video state; bookmarks
   in browser. (I'll get these into the future features list).

   - We outlined the schedule, which is that Trial-2 should really be
   considered an alpha release for our first deployment. Kim will update the
   roadmap as the first step towards a schedule. Trial-2 is alpha, Trial-3 is
   beta, and FRS is first deployment, which is expected to be loaded by the
   deployment team when the laptops reach the country.

   - We could use a regression or smoke test. For now, I will propose
   that each build (before announcing it as a RC) will have some release notes
   and will be able to perform these basic tests:

   1. boot into sugar
   2. get on the mesh and see other XOs
   3. run a collaborative activity (AbiWord, Connect4, or Chat) with
   another XO
   4. ensure that the journal is able to resume an activity
   5. connect to an AP (and/or school mesh) and browse the web

(feedback on this quick list is welcome)

   - We started a discussion about a change control (ECO, Engineering
   Change Order) process. As we get close to ship, we should make sure that the
   dev teams understand the branches, check in restrictions, and we have a sign
   off procedure for changes.

- Kim