[Testing] RC2 and New bugs

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Tue Jul 10 15:44:37 EDT 2007

For Trial-2, we do have a very small manual update feature that IS in the
build and Chris Ball is going to demonstrate it to Jim and I today (I hope).

In Chris' manual upgrade using a USB stick, he is creating software that
will allow for a 'backup' of the user data to the USB stick; then it will do
an auto-install of the new code; then it will let you do a 'restore' of the
user data.

This manual process will help us get past the most immediate problem of
losing user data during an upgrade.

The next level of upgrade (most likely after Trial-2) is looking at
incremental upgrades, not a full re-image; possibly from the school server;
and no change to user data.

- Kim