[Testing] Test Meeting Minutes, 7/2/07

Kim Quirk kim.quirk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:23:48 EDT 2007

Test meeting, July 2, 2007

Attending: Zack, Wad, Scott, Cameron, John Fuhrer, Mitch, SJ, Kim

   - Marvell's Laptop test plan
      - We reviewed the test plan from Ronak and discussed the
      difficult parts: configuring the mesh to ensure specific paths and then
      change those to get a different configuration.
      - Not sure of the benefit to repeating MPP discovery and pinging
      10,000 times; but probably hundreds of times could be good.
      - There was some discussion as to whether all the laptops
      downloading a 300MB file is a good (realistic) test.
      - The test where the laptops are sending files to the school
      server is very unlikely to be a 300MB file, so this one should
probably be
      much smaller.

   - 100 Laptop Test Plan
      - Add a test case for updating 100 laptops from the school
      server.
      - Add a test to backup 100 laptops to the school server. We
      discussed the backup procedure and decided that this needs to be
on a 1 hour
      cronjob (at least for Trial-2).
      - Add a test to restore laptops from the school server.
      - Add a test to download a book from the internet as well as the
      school server.
      - Add a test to download something from many different urls (not
      cached)
      - Some test cases should be repeated with one mesh channel; and
      with 3 mesh channels
      - Add a test case to use the neighborhood mesh view to
      search/filter.

We briefly discussed the first release candidate, RC1, and some of the
issues.

NOTE:
As of the next build, Tuesday, 7/3/07, we will be using the latest marvell
firmware, which is incompatible with earlier versions. So 406.15 will NOT
talk to 406.16+; and 478 will NOT talk to 479+. Also the school server at
olpc has already been upgraded - so right now nothing in the office talks
with it. Tomorrow, we should be able to upgrade all XOs in the office.

- Kim