[Testing] Questions about mesh path discovery

Bryan.Ma at quantatw.com Bryan.Ma at quantatw.com
Mon Jul 2 03:13:22 EDT 2007

Hi :

  I’m Bryan from Quanta, we are doing some testing about mesh network,

I have two questions, if you know how to resolve, please giving instructions, thanks !

OFW : Q2C17

Image Version: 406.14

Machine: B3

1) we did a multi-MPP experiment, inspired from the link: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Establishing_a_Mesh_Portal.

Configure two MPPs (MPP1 and MPP2, only one DHCP server on MPP1)

and three MPs, we found all three MPs establish their connection to MPP1.

MPP1 and MPP2 are physically very close( < 0.5M), so it maybe shouldn’t influenced by different distance.

Is there any manual way could assign the connected MPP?

2) Having another test for discovering communication path.

Arrange a topology that MP2 connect to a infrastructure AP via MP1 and MPP1, like below shows:

  The distance between MPP1 and MP1 is L1 when L2 is from MP1 to MP2.

  L1 and L2 are about equal 100Ms, so we assume MP2 should connect MP1 first before arriving MPP1.

  But when I issued “tracepath”, I just saw the path as “MP2-->MPP1-->AP”, MP1 wasn’t appear on the routing list,

  Is anything wrong ?

Best Regards
Bryan Ma